Creative, quick, fun activity with anyone. All you need is paper and pen. Textas or coloured pencils would be nice. Here’s how:
1. Give each creator 8 small paper squares (or any shape). Post-it notes are fine.
2. Each creator in turn announces a shape (eg triangle, star, moon). All draw it, anywhere on one paper square.
3. Repeat until all paper squares have a shape on it.
4. The fun part. Draw a realistic scene or picture incorporating the shape.
5. Shuffle all the pictures and hand back 8 squares. Create a storyboard. Guess each others’ stories.
Not at home? Ok. Use serviettes, drink coasters, paper bags. Kids are great at it – as you can see from the above.
Note: Drawing Connections blog does not endorse any ads displayed. WordPress sometimes displays advertisements on this blog in return for providing a free service.